Monday, March 25, 2013

The Great Medical Mystery of 2013

I took Sydney out of bed yesterday morning, and of course she was just in a diaper, since my child will NOT keep her pajamas on for the night.  As I got her out of bed, I saw a really odd mark on her upper thigh.  As I mumbled, "Now what is this?" Sydney cried about her 'owie'.

"Owwww!! Don't touch it mama!"

Oh boy.  That can't be good.  I was starting to freak out a bit, so I took a couple of pictures with my phone.

 photo 904A2256_zpsacd46bba.jpg photo DFD4603F_zps368af27e.jpg

See?  Freaky, isn't it?

I sent the picture to my sister, because she has 4 kids so she has to have seen everything by now.  Everything, it turns out, but this.  I then sent the pictures to my friend that is a peds RN.  She asked if Sydney got pinched or a bug bite or anything, which she hadn't that I knew of.

At this point, I'm getting a little concerned.  What could it be?  Some rare bug bite, and if so, does that mean I have nasty poisonous bugs crawling in their beds??  vom.  Is it some sort of tumor?  What's wrong with my baby??

Every time I tried to get a closer look, Sydney would cry that it'd hurt.  She'd pull down her pants, see her owie was still there and cry again.  The only thing that made it better, she told me, was her princess pajama shirt.  Shirt comes off, her owie hurts.  Shirt goes on, it's all better.  

I'm making a note to call the doctor first thing Monday morning to get this checked, when I have a realization.  The day before I brought the kids to an Easter Egg hunt.  After you sat on the Easter Bunny's lap, they handed you a little packet of jello.

Yep, you got it.  Her mystery bug bite/tumor?  Yeah...it was cherry jello.

OMG, I am so glad I washed her before I brought her to the doctor.  How would they code that one for insurance purposes?  

11 comments:

  1. HA! That is so funny. I'm sorry it freaked you out though. Children are so dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little girl who cried Jello.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Its really amazing paragraph, I have got much clear idea regarding
    from this piece of writing.

    Feel free to visit my page ... understanding quotes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for finally writing about > "The Great Medical Mystery of 2013" < Liked it!

    My blog post ... country flags

    ReplyDelete
  5. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems
    as though you relied on the video to make your point.
    You obviously know what youre talking about, why throw away
    your intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us something informative to read?



    Also visit my web-site :: madea quotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Useful information. Lucky me I discovered your web
    site unintentionally, and I am surprised why this coincidence didn't took place in advance! I bookmarked it.

    Feel free to visit my homepage best quotes ever

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just curious if
    you get a lot of spam comments? If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
    I get so much lately it's driving me mad so any support is very much appreciated.

    Feel free to surf to my blog; friedrich nietzsche quotes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to mention that I've really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I'll be subscribing for
    your feed and I'm hoping you write once more soon!

    Also visit my blog post; zayn malik quotes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good day very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Superb .

    . I will bookmark your web site and take the feeds also?
    I'm glad to seek out so many useful information right here in the post, we need work out more strategies on this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

    my web page douglas adams quotes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magnificent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and
    you're just extremely excellent. I really like what you have acquired here, really like what you're saying and the way in which
    you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for
    to keep it wise. I can't wait to read far more from you. This is really a great site.

    My webpage - thanks quotes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brooke BlanchardMay 13, 2013 at 3:19 PM

    This is amazing! Ha kids are the greatest. I have a feeling you'll be telling this story for years.

    blanchard life

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love