Monday, March 18, 2013

Apple even marketed the Pearly Gates

Last night before bed, the girls and I were saying their nightly prayer. As Kendall was reciting, "Angels watch me through the night, and wake me with the morning light." she had a puzzled look on her face.

K: Mom, how do angels watch me through the night.
Me: ::clears throat:: uhhhhhhhh....
K: I don't see anyone in my room at night watching me.

At this point I'm wondering where to go with this to not freak her out. Remember, the kid is a midnight roamer. She wanders out of her room at night the way it is. I don't want to screw this up and scare her.

Me: Well, remember how Santa is able to watch little boys and girls to see if they're naughty or nice?
K: not really.
Me: oh. Well, he can.
K: On his magic computer?
Me: Yes! That's it. On his magic computer.
K: the angels have a magic computer like Santa?
Me: um, yes?
K: I bet the angels have a magic iPad instead.
Me: I bet you're right.

Now, sure...God created the world in seven days, but I think Kendall is right. Everyone can be more productive with the right apps. Well done, Apple.

Also, I think I need to leave the theology discussions up to someone else.

2 comments:

  1. Cute post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has anyone ever seen Jesus and Steve Jobs in the same room? Just saying...

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love