Thursday, December 13, 2012

The build thus far.

Life has been hectic lately, but I thought I'd do an 'up to this point' post on how our house building is coming.  Mostly for my benefit so I can look back later. :)

We were gone last week to Cancun {which I need to get it together and upload pictures from!} so it was really amazing to see the progress in that week.

A couple days before we left I had to rush and pick out plumbing fixtures.  It's amazing how much you can over think every little decision you make, and the fear that you're going to spend the next 30 years of your life cursing yourself for the wrong choice.  For example, the time came to pick out toilets and I had to pick between round and elongated.  OMG, what do I do??  I was paralyzed over this decision, until I decided to just go with what we have now.

Wait a minute, what DO we have now?  I've parked my behind on that throne every day for the last 6 years, and I have no idea what it looks like.  So, I go with the tried and true decision breaker.  Flip a coin. :)

The same held true with our shingle sample.  If I don't pick the exact right color, everyone will drive by our house and laugh and my horrible design choices!!  Then I couldn't remember what kind of shingles we have on now.  Are they light grey or black??  The sad part, we just had them replaced a few months ago from a hail storm.

Building a house has taught me a few things, and the biggest being this: I learned that I live my life in a haze.

Here is some of the progress as of now.  Some of the outside:
back of the house
another view of the back
front view with the bump out (which is the master closet)
another view of the front
Here is some of the front door.  The door will be replaced, obviously, but I'm loving the way the windows along it came out.  Just don't remind me of the creepers that are going to stare in at me.  It's a good thing we won't have neighbors.

The upstairs is all framed up, and I believe the downstairs will be this week.  Plumber has been there and done his magic and next up is heating and electric.  Don't get me started on my fear of deciding where all the outlets and light switches go.
a view into the master bedroom.
standing in the living room looking into the kitchen/dining room
dining room
living room

I've had a few headaches where I was certain it was from my head nearing explosion, but it's coming together.  It's crazy to think that in a few short months, this will be our new digs.

I brought Kendall by to see it a week or two ago.  As we were leaving she said, "That almost looks like the kind of house I wanted."  Gee, thanks kid.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it looks amazing! I cannot wait to see the finished house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can imagine how hectic things are, but it will all be so worth it!! It looks awesome so far!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love