Thursday, November 1, 2012

Being Thankful and Prayers for Reese

Last year I did a 30 day of Thankful series on the blog.  It's almost 10:30pm, and I just realized that today is November.  Hey, it's been one of those days.  Give a girl a break.

Today I am extremely grateful for my family's health.  We've had some very scary days the last 6 years, both starting with brain tumors.  When you get that news, it knocks the wind right out of you.  Your whole world turns upside down, and you want to just rewind and go back to when things were easy.

We have been beyond blessed to have seen miracles happen.  As life starts to get a little more back to normal, it's easy to fall back into your every day routines and not realize how damn good things are again.

Today I found out that the father of a friend of mine was diagnosed with the same cancer that my dad had.  He is being treated at the same hospital, and is prepping for a stem cell treatment, very similar to what my dad did.  It's amazing how you can instantly be back in that room when you got the news.  I remember what I was wearing.  I remember where I was sitting.  More than anything, I remember what I was feeling.

When I got pregnant with Sydney, I stumbled upon message boards on The Bump, a pregnancy/parenting board.  From there, I moved to a smaller, private board.  Over the last 2+ years, I have gotten to know so many wonderful mothers from all over the country.  You share in each others triumphs and in each others pits.  Today we heard of a big pit.

Last night, the adorable, spunky 2 year old of one of the mothers was brought to the ER and found to have a brain tumor.  News like that quickly slaps you back into reality of how much of a blessing your children's health is.  That news is something that no mother should have to hear.  Tomorrow morning, sweet Reese will be having surgery to remove the fluid in her brain and some of the tumor.  Please keep this baby in your prayers, as well as the rest of her family.

1 comment:

  1. So sad, Colleen told me about this over the weekend. I need to get on and see some updates! Prayers definitely flowing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love