Monday, October 15, 2012

Today, it starts!

Today is the day that we've been looking forward to for the last 4 months.  We are officially breaking ground on the new house build! ::confetti::

We met last week to sign the paperwork to buy the land from Eric's aunt and uncle.  During this time, the old house and shed were torn down  Eric and my in laws were there to watch them do it, and my mother in law video taped some of it.  We were at their house watching it on the computer, and Sydney kept saying, "Oh no!!! My new house! Oh, no! My new house fall down!"
Haha, sorry girls.  That house had to go!  We stopped out there this weekend to get a good before visual.  Everything had been cleared out, except some of the foundation remained from the house.  The girls were all concerned on where their new house was.  It'll be so fun to watch this process through their eyes.  

Here is our new house "before"

And here will be it "after"
I most looking forward to seeing it get framed up and to truly be able to get a picture of it in my mind.  Now for the decisions, decisions, decisions.  It feels like we've already made so many, but I think the real work is starting now!




5 comments:

  1. Congrats mama!!! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!!! its so exciting!! We just did this and its so fun, Im still making decisions now!! Not design but decorating!! Enjoy its so fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!! It will be fun to watch the process through your blog, I hope you share :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!! I told me dad that I will get to watch his work via facebook and your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I can't wait to build our house!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love