Monday, October 29, 2012

Kendall's Birthday: Part I

Thursday was Kendall's 4th birthday.  I wanted so badly to stay home with her, but I had to take Friday off for various appointments, and I knew she'd have just as much (probably more!) fun at daycare.  She was able to start out her day wearing a crown, and I wouldn't be surprised if she never let it leave her head.  She got to pick out the meals for breakfast, lunch and snack, so she felt pretty special.  They sang happy birthday to her 3 different ways, and she made sure to tell me allllll about it that night. 
Eric got off of work a little early on Thursday, so he picked the girls up from daycare and met me to celebrate that night.  We went to Chuck E Cheese, and the kids had a blast.  They almost had as much as their daddy, who I had to constantly remind to quit stealing their tokens.  He justifies it that he could win more tickets, which would get them a better prize.  Mmm hmm, sure, ok.
The best part of going on a Thursday night, was that it was relatively dead inside, so the kids could run and have free reign over the different rides.  I so wish I would have been recording when Sydney first turned around and saw Chuck E Cheese.  I don't think her eyes could have gotten any bigger, or she could have ran any faster.  I know I win mother of the year, when I wanted to get her close just to get the same reaction on film.  She wasn't having any part of it though.  Kendall, on the other hand, loves to be the center of attention and get close to him.

After lots of rides, pizza and a cupcake, it was time to go.  For part of Kendall's present, we went to the pet store and let her pick out a fish.  That's the extent of pets in our house, and I was a little shocked to find out these little things can live for 2-3 years!  I guess this will be a bigger commitment than I thought.  
They each ended up getting one.  Kendall named her's Soupy, and Sydney named her's Eight.  Confused?  Yeah, me too.  
On the way home, Kendall rode with Eric and Sydney hopped in with me.  She wasn't done with the birthday celebration, so she kept singing Happy Birthday to Kendall...who wasn't around. lol  I just held my phone up to record the sound, but you can see her a little bit.  My favorite part about when Sydney is done with something, is her little Italian accent.  "You like-a that song?"

We had Kendall's princess birthday party on Saturday, so stay tuned for Part II.

6 comments:

  1. I think you should Let Kendall and Sidney name your next child.  They are obviously pros.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking at the pics reminds me of when we would go to chuck e cheese after tennis meets! So funny!  Love the names of the fish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tales_Of_Two_GirlsOctober 29, 2012 at 8:36 AM

    Sydney first wanted to name her fish Kendall Lee Beuning.  I told her we can't have 2 of those in the family.  Maybe I should have them write a baby name book.  Cha-ching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tales_Of_Two_GirlsOctober 29, 2012 at 8:36 AM

    OMG, I forgot how we used to do that!! This one isn't quite as sketchy as the one we went to was. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG love the fish's name and love the singing Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love