Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Two Against One

This is the week that I give props to the single parents out there.  Bright and early Sunday morning, Eric headed out for a drive out to Colorado for a week of elk hunting.
Before he left, we tried to get in some family time and took a little walk down to the park.
I think the real reason he suggested it was so he could play on the swings a little.  Luckily Kendall didn't mind waiting her turn. ;)
Now, I don't know what it is about Sydney.  You'd think she'd have a 50/50 shot at getting her sunglasses on the right way.  I think she likes it better this way, since she does this every time she puts them on!
So, with Eric gone, we've been trying our best to keep busy.  Sunday my friend and her little boys came for a playdate.  We heard them go downstairs for a bit, and they were quiet.  Now, any mother knows that a quiet kid (or two!) isn't always a good thing.  I had to laugh when I went down to assess the damage.  Why of course the books are better laid out along the hearth! 
After the playdate, it was a late nap for the girls, which I in turn needed to wake them up from to have dinner.  Sydney was not a fan of getting up, and I don't blame her.  Sunday afternoons are always lazy for me, too.
We've gotten through two days with daddy being gone.  The girls were starting to miss him last night, so they sent him a little video.  Kendall then said that they needed to take a picture to send him also, and this was their best one. lol
Tonight we have Kendall's dance classes so it'll be another busy night after work.  I think I've found the trick of being on my own for a week, though.
Coffee.  And a big one at that.

3 comments:

  1. Always hard when your other half is out of town, sounds like you are doing a great job as a single parent this week though! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you. I single parent it one night a week and it is exhausting and I've just got one!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love