Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Big 3-0

Today I'm 30.  30!!  It seems so crazy to me.  Didn't I just turn 25, like yesterday?  Wow.

In my 20's I:
- got to legally start going to bars
- graduated college
- started my first "real" job
- got engaged to the love of my life
- moved into our house
- married said love of my life
- had our first precious baby girl
- had our second precious baby girl
- leave my first real job for my second

It's been a busy 10 years!  I used to always think 30 seemed so....old.  Matronly.  Boring.  But, truth be told, it couldn't be better.  I am a pro at the 30s now that I have been a member for about 14 hours.

If I were to sit down and make a list of everything I wanted out of my life, I pretty much have it all.  I feel like some of the pressure I felt to get to the next big step is gone.  While, yes, there are still many more big changes coming our way, the important stuff is all here.




I get to fall asleep next to, and wake up every morning to this guy.  {ignore the drink in his hand, mmmkay??}




Just as fabulous, I get to spend my days loving up these two little ladies.


We have our health, and lots of love, and it really doesn't get much better than that.


So, I may have a few grey hairs sprinkled in and some creeky old knees.  I'd still say 30 is looking pretty darn good to me right now.

5 comments:

  1. This was wonderful :) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Love your list in your 20's! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tales_Of_Two_GirlsJuly 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM

    Thanks, Chelsey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tales_Of_Two_GirlsJuly 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM

    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tales_Of_Two_GirlsJuly 11, 2012 at 3:18 PM

    Thanks, birthday buddy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love