Monday, June 4, 2012

The Wedding Weekend!

This weekend, Eric, Kendall and I headed up to Duluth for one of my best and oldest friend's weddings.  What a fun weekend, but I think we're all still tired.  These pics are a variety of cell and camera pics, but all straight from the camera.  I haven't had any time to edit yet.

We left right after lunch on Friday.  I was really hoping Kendall would nap the whole way up, but she was a chatterbox.  She finally fell asleep, only to wake up 20 minutes later when Eric stopped at a gas station.  Oh well.  Right after we checked into the hotel, we had to rush to the rehearsal so we could practice up.  Poor Kendall thought that she completed her flower girl tasks.  She was a little too cooperative, so I had a premonition that Saturday may not go as smoothly.
After the dinner, a few of us stopped for a drink or two at the hotel bar.
The next morning, K was tired.  She did not want to get up to go to her hair appointment.  She kept telling me she was already a flower girl last night, and wanted to go back to sleep.  We went to the bakery downstairs where she eyed up a sprinkled donut.  That made her happier for a bit.
She waited almost an hour while I got my hair done.  By that point she was over it and was ready to go.  Luckily, the salon had a few books which saved the day.
This pic kept coming in sideways, but you get the idea. ;)
 My mom had made her beautiful dress.  I almost died at how grown up my baby girl looked that day!
 We had most of our pictures outside in this gorgeous park.  Kendall had so many bouquets of dandelions picked.
  While we were waiting for the wedding to start, Kendall kept busy by dancing in the mirror.
 An attempt at a family pic (missing Sydney of course, who was back home with Eric's parents)
 She was exhausted by this point.  I couldn't wait for the ceremony to be done so I wasn't stressed about how she'd do.
 Kendall's big moment finally came.  She walked to the start of the aisle and.....put the basket over her head.  lol  Then, it got stuck.  Of course it did. 
 When she finally got it off of her head, some petals fell out.  She would not walk down until she picked them up and put them back in her basket. The personal attended tried to help her, and Kendall insisted on doing it herself.  By this point, the whole church is laughing.
 She was finally ready, and did a great job.  But, when she got to the front, she still had petals left and turned around to go back down...as the bride was walking up.  lol  Eric had to sprint in the pews to grab her.  Oh my. :)
 The Mr. & Mrs.!!!
 
The bridal party.
 
I tried to get a picture of Kendall and I at dinner, and she was being a stinker again.  Needless to say, the tired little bugger didn't make it long.  She was up in the room with Grandma and Poppy T snuggling in with a movie right after dinner.  I was hoping on dancing with her, but she just couldn't last through it.
We had promised her all weekend we'd go swimming, so before we left on Sunday, we had to hit the pool.

Overall, it was such a fabulous weekend.  I will admit that I wondered how in the world those Toddler & Tiara moms do it.  Now I know why they let their kids have pixi sticks and red bull. ;)

Kidding of course....mostly.  lol



7 comments:

  1. She is the prettiest flower girl! 

    The story of her getting her head stuck made me laugh out loud here at work! My co-workers probably think i'm crazy ;-) 

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! I LOVE that she did that with the basket :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny~ I can only imagine what you were thinking when she was getting ready to come down the isle;) She looked beautiful Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was a beautiful flower girl, I LOVE the basket incident...so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tales_Of_Two_GirlsJune 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM

    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tales_Of_Two_GirlsJune 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM

    Thanks, Andrea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tales_Of_Two_GirlsJune 4, 2012 at 3:30 PM

    I was trying not to laugh to hard at the front of the church.  It was between that and putting my head in my hands.  ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love