Thursday, June 7, 2012

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!



Oh, sweet Sydney Rose. I cannot believe that my sweet baby is turning two today. On one hand, it's almost impossible to remember what life was like before you came into ours. On the other, this has easily been the fastest two years of our lives. 

While I was pregnant with you, I had the worry that every mother has. How can I possibly love another baby as much as I love your older sister. From the moment they placed you into my arms, and you looked at me with those beautiful chubby cheeks, you filled up that spot in my heart that I had no idea was reserved for only you.

 
You are the most hilarious, spunky, thoughtful, and sweet daughter. You have your own personality, and it's been such a joy to see it show more and more. You are starting to talk more than ever (it was hard for you to be able to get a word in without Kendall jumping in to talk for you!). Most of the time you ask something or answer a question, you have the most hilarious infliction in your voice accompanying the sly smile on your face. You always look like you're scheming something. I have a feeling, my dear, that you'll be keeping us on our toes in a few years. :)




I truly think that you were the greatest gift we could have ever given your big sister. From the moment you came home, she has loved you and looked out for you. You are also an amazing little sister to her. I love watching the bond between the two of you grow deeper and stronger.

At two years old, you are talking more, you love to play dress up, you love to read books, and dance and jump.  The jumping is quite hilarious, now that you've finally figured out how to get both feet off the ground.

As of your 2 year appointment last Friday, you were 23 lbs {9 %tile}, 33 in. {33 %tile} and your head was 18.25" around {23%}.  My little peanut. It helps your wardwarb when you're still fitting into some 12-18 month clothes from last summer! :)  For a little thing though, you sure are strong!  You're wildly independent, but generally a great listener.  If you are asked to do something, it's usually followed by you with a quick nod of the head and a "K!!!!".  You like to say things loudly.  :)
You've grown to love one blankie, and we're still dealing with your love of your nuk.  That's ok though, because it helps you to go right down for sleep.  You're still taking about a 3 hour nap during the day, and sleep from about 8:30/9 - 6:30/7 during the week.  I think your big sister tends to keep you up at night, but it's hard to get upset when we hear the giggles coming from your room.

Happy Birthday, sweet girl.  You are so loved.

8 comments:

  1. This was so sweet! And totally makes my anxiety about having another baby much better :) Happy Birthday Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!!  That is so great that they are close!  Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tales_Of_Two_GirlsJune 7, 2012 at 9:01 AM

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tales_Of_Two_GirlsJune 7, 2012 at 9:01 AM

    Don't be anxious about a #2 (or 3 or 4 or 5 he he).  It is totally worth it!!  They will entertain each other so you can lay on the couch and eat bon bons while watching soap operas.  Ok, maybe it's not quite that nice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Tessa, you made me cry! You worded it all so perfectly.

    Happy Birthday to Beautiful Sydney!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Sydney!! This is such a sweet post. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday sweet Sydney Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for making my cry ;)  Happy Birthday Sydney!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love