Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Andddd....we're back.

Ugh, it's been kind of a long hiatus.  The past few weeks have been crazy busy.  I have the pictures to show for it, BUT I've been slow at getting them edited and put up.  So, we'll start with what I do have. :)

This past weekend was one of my oldest and bestest {what, that's a word! lol} friend's bridal shower and bachelorette party.  I'm beyond excited for her to get married, and this was the first event to really make it seem real.  

We started out with these red velvet cupcakes.  O.M.G.  Let me just say they were yummy.  And crappy for my diet, but worth it.
We had tons of tissue poms and a few yarn balls.  Those were a big joke to us when we were making them, so I was happy a few turned out!
 
 I saw this idea on pinterest, and we had to try it.  You get a styrofoam ball, cupcake liners and some pins.  Push the pin throw the liner and into the ball and voila!  I didn't realize how time consuming would be.  The poor bride's younger sister and some sore fingers I'm sure after finishing them.  She did a great job though!
After the bridal party was completed, it was time for the real fun to begin.  My friend has always been into fitness and was a personal trainer for awhile, so what better theme than 80s workout?!?  I about DIED when I saw everyone dressed it.  Beyond hilarious.  What is it about a ridiculous costume that gets you in the mood to act ridiculous.  
We had these signs that we had so much fun with throughout the night.  
This one was one of my favs.
This sign was able to be used often throughout the night! 
Nothing better than a night with the girls!  Too bad it usually leads to a severe shortage on sleep. :)

6 comments:

  1. mrs.monica@RTP_inHeelsApril 24, 2012 at 10:10 AM

    How fun!  love the arrows!  I bet they were tons of fun that night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the theme and the decor! Look like you had tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the 80s theme! You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tales_Of_Two_GirlsApril 24, 2012 at 1:30 PM

    Thanks! We had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys had a blast!  ...love the 80's costumes, what a fun way to celebrate together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the 80s pictures- looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love