Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Toddle Along Tuesday - Favorite Toddler Meals

I found these on pinterest and just tried them over the weekend.  OMG, sooooo good and easy.  My kids always loved the Gerber Yogurt Puffs.  I'd have to hid them, or they'd eat the entire bag in one sitting.  They both love yogurt, but this way it looks like a treat to them.  And a cheap, easy, healthy treat at that.  Super easy, and it might be good for me also. :)


I have a confession. I love Spaghettios. Yes, those nasty, canned, full of MSG goodness that you aren't supposed to eat beyond the age of...well, never. Eric is also a fan of the meatball version, and one day gave the kids some. Go figure, they love them too. Kendall would call it sketti and meat dogs? I guess meatballs and hotdogs together? Who knows.
Even though they loved them, and I struggle most days to get the girls to just eat anything, I couldn't give them those without some major mom guilt with it. It's one thing for me to eat crap and not feel as bad, but I feel like I should be giving them better. I found this recipe for a homemade version that seems to be a lot healthier. I haven't tried it yet, but it's on the menu for Saturday's lunch. I'll let you know how it turns out. Too bad you can't buy Dora shaped noodles.

Check out the Toddle Along Tuesday blog hop over at Growing Up Geeky for more fun baby/toddler recipes.




Can you give us a vote today?  Thanks!
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!





9 comments:

  1. I have been dying to try the yogurt puffs, so I am excited that they were good!

    And you are not alone in the love of Spaghettio's. They are a permanent fixture in our pantry {shame}

    ReplyDelete
  2. mrs.monica@RTP_inHeelsMarch 13, 2012 at 8:58 AM

    T is very particular about his noodle as well, some days it's cars, others it's phineas and ferb...and if I get it wrong...WWIII. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!  Jude loves the yogurt melts so I should try this!  Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My horrible for you guilty pleasure is chef boy ardee raviolis. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try the yogurt trick since O loves yogurt! And yum, I love Chef Boyardee too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOSH - the YOGURT thing!  I HAVE to do this... like today, seriously!  lol. Logan LOVED those things, too, and what a great idea for a healthy little snack now that he's older.  :)

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My kids would love this! And can I admit that I just ate chef boyardee for lunch- YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally want to make those yogurt dots!  SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you!!! Yogurt Dots were a lifesaver this weekend (I even made some green ones) Someone wasn't through teething, I guess :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love