Monday, March 5, 2012

11 Things

I was tagged by Andrea, Shaun, and mrs07c to do this fun post that you may have seen floating around in the blogosphere.

There are 5 rules:
1. Post these rules
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions for you in the original post {I'm going to go with Andrea's, since she tagged me first}
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter to tell them they've been tagged.
My 11 Random Things:
1. I have been addicted and only wanting to eat 3 random things lately: cheese, popcorn and minestrone soup.  I've gone through about 3 boxes of popcorn in 2 weeks.

2. I have become addicted to designing our future house.  No lie, I was searching online for house plans and found my dream house.  It's perfect, and the master closet is TO DIE FOR.  That alone would be {somewhat} normal.  I am not normal though.  I then extended my obsession to searching furniture websites to find the appropriate furniture to furnish the rooms (complete with doing a mock scale drawing of it to be sure it'll fit correctly).  I think it's time for someone {a.k.a. me} to take a step back.

3. I used to play piano and saxophone.  The piano is still at my parent's, but is technically mine.  I can't wait until we have a place for it and I can bring it to our home, but deep down I'm glad it's not here.  I can only imagine the headaches of two little girls pounding on it.

4. If I wasn't an accountant, I think I'd be a travel agent.  I can spend hours days weeks scouring online to find the perfect locations for trips.  You should see the lists I make.

5. I'm obsessed with lists.  I'll make lists of lists I should make.

6. I have an unhealthy obsession with the Real Housewives series.  I could probably quote any line, from any person, from any season, from any show.  It's really quite sad.  Eh, I take that back.  It's freaking awesome.

7. I'm going to be 30 in 4 short months and am slightly freaking out about it.  I feel like I just graduated, and if I'm around college kids, I feel like I should still fit in.  You know when I know that I don't?  When I realized that I might actually like to buy a mini van.  Shoot me now.

8.  One of my proudest moments of motherhood is when Kendall knew the Cha Cha Slide after doing it once.  We have a wedding in a couple of months, and I can't wait to get down with her.

9. I usually waste at least 15 minutes in bed every morning checking various social networking sites in the morning.  Eric keeps threatening to take my phone away and stage an intervention.  I think he's getting close, so if I go silent on here for awhile, sneak me an iPhone baked into a cake.

10.  I used to sleep with socks on every night when I was younger.  I heard your feet wouldn't grow if you did.  My feet are a 6-6.5, so I think it worked.  Or, they're just small because I'm only 5'4".  I'm going with the first option.

11.  With each kid I've had, I add two more to my wish list.  We got married and we both wanted 2.  I had Kendall, and then I wanted 3.  I had Sydney, and I could see having 4.  Unfortunately, (maybe fortunately?) Eric has remained level headed and stuck with our original plan.  He's breaking on the idea of #3, though.

Holy crap, that's hard to think of random tidbits.

Questions from Andrea:
1. What is your favorite vacation you've ever been on?:
I'd have to say our honeymoon.  We went to St. Lucia and it was sooooo amazing.  Also, I went on a Spanish trip in high school to Spain and Paris.  It was so beautiful, and such an amazing experience to be able to see all of that history and culture.  I'd love to go back someday.

2. Have you ever met a famous person?
No. :(  Crazy enough, there are not a ton of celebs walking around central MN.  I take that back, Kim Kardashian was in town when she was still married to the Hump.  I didn't see her, but it was all anyone could talk about.

3.Who is your celebrity crush?
David Beckham.  Sooooooo hot.

4. Red wine/white wine/beer?
White wine.  All the way.  I used to hate wine, but now I love nothing more than a glass of Riesling.  Sooooo good.

5. Do you have a secret talent?
I can touch my tongue to my nose and wiggle my ears.  I'll try to get it on video for you, since I know you're all dying to see it. lol

6. How many animals live in your house?
Besides the hubs and the kids....none.  I don't think I'll ever be able to talk him into a pet, ESPECIALLY in the house.  Maybe a gold fish.  Maybe.

7. Biggest pet peeve?
When people crack their knuckles.  It makes my skin crawl.  I HATE it.

8. If you could travel anywhere for free, where would it be?
No doubt, Italy.  It's on my bucket list and I cannot wait until I can go someday.

9. Favorite nail polish color?
I'm pathetic and hardly ever paint my nails.  Mostly because I'm terrible at keeping up with it, so I usually look like trash and have 1/2 painted nails for a week or two.  I have this greyish color that I really like though.  Maybe I'll get around to painting them tonight.

10. Chocolate or potato chips?
For sure chips.  I have a seriously love affair with a bag of chips.  I don't think I've ever had a flavor I didn't like.  I can't buy them often, because I can (and do) eat an entire bag within 2 days.  I try to tell myself that everyone does it, until I see the look of shock on Eric's face as he's looking for the bag I just bought and realizes he's too late.

11. Favorite book.
Hmmmm....I'd have to say My Sister's Keeper.  I read that book shortly after my dad was diagnosed with cancer.  It was interesting reading it, because many of the drugs and medications she was on in the book, were the same as what he was taking.

My Questions:
1. How many loads of laundry are usually piled up at any given time?
2. If you had to eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. I'm stealing one from Andrea: Do you have a secret talent?
4. Favorite song of all time.
5.Dinner out or a movie?
6. Any hidden talents?
7. Would you rather have someone cook for your every day, or clean your house?
8. Favorite movie ever?
9. One piece of clothing or accessory you couldn't live without?
10. What's your guilty pleasure?
11. Favorite holiday?


That was so fun!  I'm going to tag Censie, Krista and Molly.

4 comments:

  1. I do the same thing in the morning!!! Which is probably why I am always late....

    ReplyDelete
  2. heartratewatchcompanyMarch 5, 2012 at 9:39 AM

    Hi,
    I am wondering if it is possible to manually pause the unit using the start-stop button,

    for example when you come to some traffic lights - rather than using the autopause

    function? Also, can you pause using the start stop utton while the touch bezel is locked?

    Thanks

    Regards

    iphone bike computer

    ReplyDelete
  3. These lists are so fun! btw--I'm with you all the way on white wine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I wish I knew how to play the piano!! I'm hoping someday I will learn! Oh and you probably wouldn't want to hang out with me cause I crack my knuckles... not a lot... but sometimes. ha ha. Oh and also? I prefer a bag of chips over chocolate any day. I could eat an entire bag by myself... in one sitting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love