Tuesday, February 21, 2012

weekend recap

I meant to write up a blog post over the weekend, but we were busy.  Well, busy doing just about nothing. ;)  Friday night was bath night, so I figured why not get good and dirty before we got all cleaned up?  Time for a little painting fun, which the girls love!
Kendall of course went for the green again.  Her favorite!
Sydney soon learned it's way more fun to just paint herself.  Who needs paper?
Look ma!
I showed her how to make hand prints then, which she thought was pretty funny.
Ta Da!
Once her hands and arms were full of paint, she decided she needed a little hair job also.  Oh boy.
Saturday, I set up the seamless paper to take some pictures of crap I'm trying to get rid of on Craigslist.  Go figure, I had a pile of treasurers, and Eric puts one thing on.  Within 10 minutes I get a text for his stuff.  By the end of the next day, I have 4 people asking for it!  Do you know how many calls I got for mine?  Zip. Zilch. Zero.  

I noticed a chunk of the paper was ripped, so we cut it off, and the girls had fun coloring their massive coloring book.  They especially thought it was cool to have their bodies traced on it.  That is, until Sydney colored red all over Kendall's body's face.  Kendall didn't find that too funny.
Monday we had Kendall's first dentist appointment.  They recommended to me to start bringing them at 3.  I waited until she was good at letting me brush really well in her mouth, and she was so excited to go to the dentist.  She'd been talking for months, which was about how long it took me to get in.  Go figure, the time we have an appointment is when she didn't sleep well the night before, was battling a cold and the appointment is smack dab during nap time.  She started out loving it.  She played with the puzzles and books while we were waiting, and kept telling me how fun it was at the dentist's.
Then it was time for us to go back.
She thought she was pretty cool sitting in the chair that would move up and down.
She loved the princess glasses she got to wear.
And that's where things ended.  She smiled to show her teeth, but that's as far as she'd go.  She wanted nothing to do with the little mirror in her mouth, and was just done.  In fact, she calmly took off the paper cover and handed it back and said, "Let's go, mom.  I'm all done now."  ::sigh::  The hygienist didn't want to push it, so she recommended we come back in 6 months.

So frustrating, but then it was time to go home and watch a little Strawberry Shortcake to end the weekend.  

Hope you had a great weekend!  I'm not used to getting Monday's off of work, so my week might be thrown off a bit now.  Tough problem to have, right? ;)


Two little clicks for the day?  It's much easier than sitting with a 3 y/o at the dentist!
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!





3 comments:

  1. So much fun!  We do art projects on bath nights too!  lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! and hilarious about Kendall calmly taking off the paper and saying lets go. haha! Such a lil grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the painting pics!  Your youngest is about a month older than my daughter, but I don't know if I am brave enough to attempt this yet!  LOL  I think our daughters have about the same amount of hair, too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love