Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Toddle Along Tuesday: Daddy's Girls

Last week, Valentine's Day, marked 4 years ago since we found out our family would be expanding.  We were over the moon to find out that we were going to have a baby.  Would it be a girl or a boy?  I deep down was crossing my fingers for a little girl.  I could just picture doing all of the things I always dreamed of doing with my daughter.  I think Eric was thinking the same way about a little boy.  

When we found out at our anatomy scan that it was a little girl, I was thrilled.  Eric got the biggest smile I've ever seen also.  Still, part of me was a little worried he would be disappointed.  He never gave me any reason to think that, but I wondered if he was as excited for a little girl as I was.  The minute Kendall was born, those worries of mine were gone.  When I saw him look into the face of his daughter, I knew he was head over heels in love.
From day 1, they had an incredible bond, and she had daddy wrapped around her little finger.
I thought of all the things that fathers and sons do together, and realized that it wouldn't be any different with a little girl.  
He can still teach her how to drive.
Bring her to ball games.
Teach her how to swim.
And how to fish.
When we found out baby #2 was on the way, I had the same feelings.  Would he be praying for a boy?  Would he want one of each?  When we got the news, "It's a girl!!" the same huge smile crept onto his face.  He was thrilled and said he doesn't need a boy.  Girls are just as wonderful and he was so happy to now have two.  

When Sydney was born, he fell right back into his favorite roll with a baby girl.  Cuddling.
These two little girls have been such a blessing for us and have brought the softer side of Eric out.  

They've taught him some important life lessons as well.  

The excitement of a well planned tea party.
The thrill in seeing a real live princess at a parade.
And just remembering the best things in life are the simplest things.

Even if he still feels the need to add his boyish touch where he can. 

Link up with Growing Up Geeky to see more Babies & Daddy love.


Thanks for the votes!
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!




6 comments:

  1. I LOVE having a little girl for this very reason. There is nothing more heart melting than seeing daddys and daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!  That last picture!  PRICELESS!!  lol  I love this post.  Great daddy!!  :O)   Love hearing about other great fathers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet!! Love this post:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so sweet! I teared up a little! What a great dad! I can't wait until we have our second daughter to see my hubby with them both! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remind me to tease Eric about the tea parties next time I see him.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love