Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Test

Valentine's Day is coming up.  Every year leading up to it, I think it's such a silly holiday.  Every year I tell myself it's pointless.  Up until a day or two before I don't really care much, and then I get caught up in it.  I want to be romanced and make a big thing out of it.

My husband has never been a real romantic.  Ever.  I know he cares, he just isn't one to show grand gestures of love.  I have grown to accept that.  Sort of.

Last year, I decided to leave it up to him.  I threw my hands up and said I was done planning for everything.  I figured he'd have to come through.  I mean, how hard is it to make a dinner reservation?  He knows my favorite restaurants, it's not brain surgery, right??

It was a freaking fail.  We got to his parents to drop of the girls, and he realized he forgot to take the breastmilk bottles for Sydney out of the fridge like I had asked.  It took an hour for him to go back home and get them, and return to his parents.  Then, it was off to our big Valentine's Day date.

Do you know where he brought me?  A bar.

No, I'm not kidding.  He said they had great food.  I was sitting directly across from the pull tab boxes and stepping on peanut shells.  It was a Saturday night, so I think that's why he thought it'd be a good choice.  His friends all showed up to hang out with us, on our romantic Valentine's Day date.

It's been a year, and I still haven't let him live it down.  Now it's sneaking up around the corner.  I have three choices:
A. Decide what I want to do and book it.
B. Save some money (which wouldn't be a bad thing right now) and just stay home and hang out as a family.
C. Leave it up to him.  Can he fail two years in a row??

I'm tempted to choose C, just to see what he would come up with this year.


Do you ever test your significant other, when you know what the end result will be??



Thanks for the votes.  Please keep clicking twice, daily!!
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

  Don't forget to enter in for your chance to win a Target Gift Card!


5 comments:

  1. You are due a huge vday dinner!!! He needs to repent from last year:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this EVERY year! haha! I always tell him Valentine's Day is his ONE holiday. He is in charge. He usually passes...with some not so subtle hints lol. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tales_Of_Two_GirlsFebruary 7, 2012 at 1:56 PM

    I know, right?? Even his own friends last year were like, "Dude, really?? This is what you came up with?"  

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tales_Of_Two_GirlsFebruary 7, 2012 at 1:56 PM

    I hope yours fares better than mine does this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure we aren't like sister wives or something because this is SO my husband. Almost every Friday I mention how nice it would be to sleep in on saturday (since he literally, never ever gets up in the mornings with the baby and sleeps until 9:30) and every Friday he says, oh sweetie I'll take care of it tomorrow morning. I promise. And every Satruday morning I am the one doing it. It makes me so mad!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love