Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our Love Story

Since it's almost Valentine's Day, which means it is time to get all sappy and crap, I thought I'd participate in the "Love Story" Link Up.  Also, there are some new followers here, so it'll be a good chance to get to know our family. :)

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Eric and I (sort of) started dating the summer after my sophmore year of high school.  He had just graduated (we went to the same school).  Things were really slow at first, and far from serious.  We became {slightly} more serious the following year, and have been together since.  That would make it...13.5 years!  Wow, crazy!  I've been with him for half of my life already. :)


2. How did you meet?
As I said in #1, we went to the same school.  We were two grades apart, so I didn't know him really well.  Some of my friends were dating some of his friends, so we were acquaintances through them.  I went to his house in June of 1999 for his graduation party with some of my girlfriends.  After that, we went out to my friend's cabin where everyone hung out and went swimming.  I think that's where he fell madly in love with me.  That's what I tell myself anyway. ;)

3. If married, how long have you been married?
We got married on December 7, 2007, so just over four years.

4. If you are married, where did you get married? Big or small wedding?
We got married at my church in my hometown.  Our reception was at a Holiday Inn, which was perfect for a December wedding in Minnesota.  I wanted somewhere where the guests could easily stay in case there was a bad snow storm.  Our wedding was big by most people's standards, but normal around here.  I think our guest list was about 350-375.  That's a LOT of people, some that I didn't really know.

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do Share!
Not really.  I catch myself calling him by his {well, I guess now it's our} last name a lot.  Everyone would call him that, and it must have caught on to me.  If we're around the kids a lot {which, obviously we usually are!} it's mommy or daddy quite a bit.  Otherwise, the good ole fallback - Babe.

6. Name three things you love most about your honey.
He is an AMAZING father.  He has grown into the role of daddy to two girls beautifully.  Ten years ago I'd never think I'd catch him having tea parties with such natural ease.  He's extremely loyal and can always make me laugh.

7. Tell us how he proposed.
Eric is really shy, so I knew there would never be a big, public, extravagant proposal, and that was great by me.  We had gone to stay in a hotel in Minneapolis for my 24th birthday.  We had gone out for a great dinner, and were hanging out in the room watching a movie.  Eric told me to sit on the bed and close my eyes.  When I opened them he was down on one knee with the most beautiful ring I had ever seen, and asked me to marry him.  It was perfect. <3

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for Valentine's Day or a strawberries, champagne and rose petals?
lol, neither!!  I'm usually the one to make the plans for Valentine's Day.  See what happens when I finally left it up to him!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl or a pop in a movie and relax on the couch?
I'd say both!  I love the beach and I love to travel.  Eric and I have been on some amazing vacations, and there is nothing better to relax on the beach and just hear the waves coming in, and smell the salt water.  I hope to be able to take another trip before too long.  Now that we've had kids, getting away isn't quite as easy, nor is money as free as it once was.  Having little date nights at home after the girls are in bed are always a treat, too.

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant other one day.  If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I have ALWAYS wanted to go to Italy.  That is totally on my bucket list, so that will be right at the top of my answers.  Like I said in #9, we love to travel together and there are so many places we hope to go someday.  Since we got married on December 7 {Pearl Harbor Day} I always tell him that we need to go to Hawaii for our anniversary.  I originally said 5 years, but that's sneaking up on us.  It may be closer to 10.

11.  Tell us what you plan to do this Valentine's Day.
I haven't planned anything yet.  I think we'll just make a nice dinner at home, or get take out, and spend it with the kids.  Maybe rent a movie together once they're in bed.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's Day?
Nope.  We typically don't do gifts.  We've had some other big expenses come up, so I'd rather skip the gifts and just enjoy each other's company.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
I'd say to always let each other know how important they are to you, and show them how much you appreciate them.

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.



Share your love story! 

Thanks for the votes.  Please keep clicking twice, daily!!
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

  Don't forget to enter in for your chance to win a Target Gift Card!


14 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! My hubby And I were married in 2007, too. That was a good year! Oh and your rings ate beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe it'll be 5 years already??  Are you guys planning anything fun for your anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well we were married in July, and since baby #2 will be so little, we probably won't do anything elaborate. We will be lucky if we even get out to dinner or something. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. my hubs and I got married the same day!

    new follower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fun! Love your story, I'm totally stealing this for my blog too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tales_Of_Two_GirlsFebruary 8, 2012 at 2:31 PM

    Yay! Can't wait to read it.  You guys had the cutest proposal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tales_Of_Two_GirlsFebruary 8, 2012 at 2:31 PM

    Welcome!  

    How crazy that we got married the same day!  

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you through the link up :)
    We also got married in December and had a large wedding - in MN!  Crazy!

    Your girls are so adorable!! 

    ReplyDelete
  9. you guys are so cute!  love that he has tea parties with your little girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tales_Of_Two_GirlsFebruary 9, 2012 at 8:46 AM

    That's crazy!  Where in MN did you guys get married?  Ours was in St. Cloud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tales_Of_Two_GirlsFebruary 9, 2012 at 8:47 AM

    I just need to teach him how to properly paint toenails and we're in business! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We got married in Brooklyn Park!  We live in the Northern suburbs though!  Are y'all still in St. Cloud?  

    ReplyDelete
  13. oops haha! looked at the date wrong, hubs and i got married january 7th 2007.

    ReplyDelete
  14.  The two of you are such a fabulous couple! I was really inspired by your love story. :') God bless the both of you.

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love