Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012, I'm Coming For You.

January 1st....again.  I've been thinking for the last week or two about what I'd like to accomplish in 2012.  I came up with quite a bit.  It works best to make lists for me.  Lists make me warm and fuzzy on the inside.  Sometimes, I will make lists of the lists I need to make.  I've done them in Word or on my phone, but erasing something doesn't bring me nearly the satisfaction of crossing something off.  Then, it stays there.  You can see the accomplishment with the big line through it.  Add in different colored pens to make that list, and I'm in hog heaven.

I guess this little old bloggity blog will have to do for now.  So, here we go.  This is what I'm doing over the next 365 days.

  1. Set a budget, and actually watch it/stick to it.  I'm always wondering where in the world we are spending our money.  This will {hopefully} help to get all of us in check and determine needs versus wants.  The sad part is, I'm an amazing justifier.  If you want a new pair of shoes,  bring me shopping with you.  I'll be able to throw down 75 reasons about how you'll make the world a better place with those glittery pink stilletos on your feet.
  2. Increase our savings account by 25%. Obviously, this will line up with #1
  3. Lose 15 pounds. What is a resolution list without a weight loss goal.  I've been really porking up over the last month to make my weight loss even more impressive.  My pants may be unbuttoned right now to make room for my growing gut.  Don't judge, I can't be the only one that's done this, right?? 
  4. Learn to make my own cleaning products  Again, this sort of falls in line with #1.  I've seen this all over Pinterest, so I'm gonna give it a go.
  5. Use said cleaning products on a regular basis.  I really need to start a cleaning schedule.  I let it go, and then get overwhelmed by all I need to do.  If I only just did a little each night, or every few nights, my husband would be a happy man.
  6. Prepare more craft activities to do with the kids.  Our daycare is awesome, and they come home with artwork almost every day.  I've gotten in the habit of being so busy that we don't do as much.  We've done a few Christmas crafts, and I forgot how much I love to be a little creative.  I've gotten used to the accounting side of my brain, so it's time to tap into the other half also.
  7. Send Birthday/Anniversary cards.  I always have thoughts about doing this, and all of a sudden the day sneaks up on me and I forgot.  
  8. Run 2 5ks and 1 10k.  I ran my first {and only} 5k last summer and it was amazing!  It was great exercise, made my butt a little nicer, and was a good feeling to finish.  I'd love to get into it and do more this year.
  9. Better my photography.  I am a total amateur, but I love learning how my camera works, and trying to get better pictures of my favorite two models.  I found a 12 week free online course that I want to try to do.
  10. FINISH WHAT I START.  I get really excited and into things. I go full force, and then just...stop.  I have a box of whitestrips that I've done for 2 separate days, and then nothing.  I have P90X that I've started and stopped.  I feel better when I stick with things.  I feel better when my life is organized.  I feel better when I take control.  I need to be a control freak this year, and finish what I start.  
There you have it.  My 2012 goals.  I think it's going to be a pretty darn good year.  I can tell those things.  :)

2 comments:

  1. You are definitely not the only one who unbuttons her pants :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Journey with JacksonJanuary 4, 2012 at 6:27 AM

    Hi there! I'm stopping by from Mrs. Stephanie T. Looks like we have the same 5K and 10K goals. They say once your run one, you're addicted. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love