Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wordless Wednesday | Kendall's Candyland Birthday Party

Saturday we had Kendall's big 3rd birthday party!!  I found so many cute ideas on Pinterest, but Candyland stuck out.  Kendall got this game for Christmas last year and she LOVES it.  We had so much fun planning and decorating for her birthday party, and Kendall loved it the most.  Every night she asks if I can put her decorations back up. :)
Kendall called this her very own castle and said she felt so special. ) All it took was some PVC pipe, cheap fabric (we used a burlap that was on sale), some fuzzy puff thingys and hot glue, paper plates for the lollipops and a dowel cut in half and painted white.  Easy peasy.  There was a little bit of limbo going on for the taller guests going up and down the stairs, but over all it worked great!
I found these candy ideas and had to do them.  I bought a styrofoam disk at Crafts Direct, wrapped it in tissue paper, and then wrapped in cellophane. Luckily, I had a big spool of the ribbon used on balloons that I had bought years ago, which came in handy for all of the ribbon I needed.  The banner was left over from Sydney's birthday party.  Cut out the "1st" and it works again!
I thought this would be the easiest of decorations for me.  I mean, how hard is it to twist and tape down crepe paper?  Not too easy I tell ya.  I bet I spent an hour alone at this stupid wall.  And that hour started around 1am.  I think it turned out all right though.  I was going to do a balloon arch over it, but ended up just doing a balloon cluster.  Again, the spool of ribbon worked perfectly for tying the balloons together.
This trail was a hit with the kids.  I bought a pack of multi colored paper at Crafts Direct (maybe $8 for the whole pack) and just used double stick tape to stick it down.  Kendall followed her trail whenever she walked in the kitchen and was so disappointed when I took down her "road".
I bough the larger pom poms for the castle to simulate gumdrops.  The pack had a bunch of smaller ones in it which worked perfectly to fill this pot.  I grabbed sand from the kids sandbox to hold in the straws for the pinwheels and just topped with the leftover pom poms.
I went through Kendall's Candyland game to find what the different "stations" in the game were.  This one was for Licorice Lagoon .
Cupcake Commons.  I found the cupcake frosting that you can squeeze out of the can.  It worked great for me to have different colors (I bought all four kinds) and it was MUCH easier than hand frosting all of them.

 
A close up of the labels.  See below for seller information.

We had an ice cream bar.  I scooped up the ice cream into cupcake liners ahead of time, wrapped with plastic wrap and put back in the freezer.  This saved a TON of time, so we weren't stuck scooping up ice cream for everyone and could enjoy ourselves.
I made three of these little Candyland men, 2 red and 1 yellow.  I found red and yellow foamboard.  I cut them out with a utility knife (which wasn't the easiest, but it was the best I could do.) I found a Sharpie paint pen at Craft's Direct which worked well to paint on the face and body.
How cute is she?? ;)
The birthday girl!
 
She was a pro at opening gifts by the end of the day!!
You saw the treat bag labels above, but I also ordered this invite and thank you card from the Little Beane Boutique on Etsy.  She was awesome to work with and got my proofs out to me super quickly and the order out just as fast.  I'll definitely check back to her shop when it's time for the next party!

So, there you have it!  Kendall's 3rd birthday party.  Yesterday was her actual birthday, so I have more pictures from our little celebration last night, but I haven't uploaded them yet.  Eric left the laptop open and Sydney ripped off about 1/2 the keys again.  Maybe tomorrow. :) 


   Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

10 comments:

  1. ADORABLE!!! I lvoed Candy Land when I was her age! That is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun time! Happy Birthday, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so so so cute!! i love all the things you did... especially the trail in the kitchen. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea! it looks like you worked really hard on this. it shows!

    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic party!!! Happy third bday. You did a great job. I am so impressed1

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the cutest/ most original bithday parties I have hever seen! You did an amazing job at putting everything together so wonderfully:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower via A good life…yes, your girls really are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the sweet comments, everyone! Welcome, Courtney!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fun birthday theme.  I love all your decorations!  

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love