Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Toddle Along Tuesday - What I Love About You

As I was putting away the dishes from the dishwasher last night, I could hear the girls giggling together in their room.  Sometimes, I get frustrated because I just want them to go to bed.  Don't they know if they stay up they will be bears to deal with in the morning??  However, last night I couldn't help but smile.

I thought about not only how blessed we are to have them in our lives, but how blessed they are to have each other also.  God was smart in giving us two baby girls 19 months apart.  They are able to give each other something that neither of us are able to.

I fast-forwarded in my mind to when they are 12 and 13 and are in their room practicing how to put on make-up together.  I thought about when they'll be 15 and 16 and staying up late talking about boys and who they had a crush on.  When they are 17 and 18 and are talking about their dreams and goals, and where they hope to go to college.  We may not be able to give them every materialistic thing they could ever want, but we gave them something better.  A best friend, a confidant, a sounding board...a sister.

Of course there will be times that they argue, steal each other's clothes without asking, take the car when the other wanted it, etc.  I hope that the bond they share now will carry them through that.

I love the love they have for each other.  When Kendall went poopy in the toilet like a big girl last night, Sydney was right there cheering and clapping.  When Sydney got her shoe on by herself this morning, Kendall was cheering, "Way to go, Sydney! You a big girl like me now!!"  I love it.  I love them.

I hope they are always there to help each other in a time of need.
I hope they are always there to help each other find just the right outfit.
I hope they will always remember that above all else, they will be each others best friends and always be there to have fun with each other.
And, finally I hope they always look at each other like this, and see the love that is there.

The love those two share, is the thing that makes me love them even more.  


Join up with Growing Up Geeky for more Toddle Along Tuesday posts.



Thanks for all the votes!  Keep 'em coming. :)

   Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

4 comments:

  1. ack this makes me want to have another baby just so e can have a sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute!! Love the sister love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post! You're making my even more excited to have Elliot and baby #2 so close together in age.
    Your girls are so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute playing together!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love