Monday, October 10, 2011

Bam! Goes the Microwave

My morning started out with a severe need for caffeine.  However, per the usual I was running too late to stop. I thought, "Well, I'll just get one from the cappuccino vending machine at work."  Which would have worked if I had more than a $10 bill and 3 spare pennies in my purse.  My eyes are drooping more and more with the prospect of coffee becoming a pipe dream.

I remembered I had some hot chocolate packets at my desk, and a travel mug sitting there all ready to go.  {Now, I know hot chocolate doesn't have caffeine in it, but I was going with the placebo effect and hey, it's the best I had.}  I put the mug in for my usual minute and 30 seconds.  After sitting at my desk for a minute I took a sip and it was still really cold.  Huh, that's odd.

I go back and put it in for another minute, but still cold.  This should've raised a red flag, but sometimes I'm oblivious to the obvious.  I then figure I'll do it for 2:30.  I go back to my desk and after the times up I heard the beep.  I go into the break room to find it REEKED.  I opened the door to the microwave to find my cup exploded.  And everything was black. Oh, shit.  It's going to be one of those effing days.

I found a roll of paper towels in there, but they wouldn't do much good on their own.  I grabbed the water bottle from my desk to squirt on the paper towels.  This wasn't doing much help, either.  At this point, I don't know if it's black because of the pieces of my mug, or if I burnt the hell out of the microwave.  I was thinking the latter and was trying to figure out how much one of these suckers cost.  Would it be coming out of my paycheck?

I was able to scrounge up a bottle of 409, where I got the microwave cleaned off.  I think.  I can hear people asking where that burnt, plastic smell is coming from.  I'm sure they know it's me since I was going in and out of the break room with a look of "Shitshitshitshitshitshitshit" on my face.  You know that look, right?

Anyway, I hope think it's good.  I'm a little nervous to cook up my lunch though.  Ravioli with a side of burnt mug?  Hmmm...no thanks.

Oh, Monday.  How I love thee.


   Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

2 comments:

  1. HA! That's hilarious. I mean, um, sorry about your mug and crusty hot chocolate, but... Whatevs, that was funny. I love the "shitshitshitshitshitshitshit." I know that look quite well! I'm honestly impressed that you dug up some 409. That was indeed a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah man! i totally know the feeling of "let me get the eff outta here before i'm found out!" HA!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love