Friday, September 16, 2011

Y3W: Run, Momma, Run!

Holy crap, it's Friday.  That means tomorrow is Saturday, aka 5k day.  I've had it in my mind since June that I wanted to do one, but it always seemed so far off.  Luckily, my awesome sister talked me into signing up with her, so there's no backing out now.  ::gulp::

It's going to be chilly tomorrow morning, about 50*.  I hope I don't freeze up.  I hope I don't trip and fall.  I hope I don't get a cramp.  I hope I don't get too winded and need a break.  Can you tell I'm a little worried??

I know it's only 3 miles, which to some people is their slack off, easy run day.  But dude, 3 miles.  A couple of months ago, this lazy momma couldn't go 3 minutes!!  So, I am going to take one of the many lessons from my childhood.  I'm going to think of the little engine that could.

So if you see someone going past you saying, "I think I can. I think I can. I think I can."  don't laugh too hard.  As I cross the finish line, I might even throw in a "Choo Choo!!" ;)


Check out Jenni's blog and link up for Y3W fun!



   Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck! I've been looking into doing one for a while, but have always chickened out! You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! :-D I wish you good weather and a swift wind at your back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck! I can't run for a second so I am always envious of people who can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the blog hop and now following your blog thru GFC and Facebook. I am late (as usual) but I had 4 reviews I had to get out so now I am forever behind this weekend. I will be catching up with Saturday's hops tomorrow and Sunday's on Monday. At least I will get a little break around that time so that helps. I would love a follow back on both of those also when you get a chance. Thanks so much for your help and have a great day!

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love