Monday, August 29, 2011

Take It Off Monday - Week 9

Honestly, I don’t know what happened to me.  Well, I kind of do know I guess.  I got lazy.  I quit trying.  Monday mornings, after I weigh in and see the {lack of} results I realize I can’t be surprised because I didn’t put the effort in that I needed to.  I’m always inspired that I’m going to do really well this week.  Enough is enough and I am going to jump right back in and make it happen.  And then….I don’t. 

I go on Pinterest and see things like this:
And this:

and then I feel all inspired again.  For a minute.  Honestly, if I didn’t have to come on here and admit my failures, I probably would’ve really been done by now.  So maybe this blog is a good thing.  It’s been 9 weeks.  I should’ve been to my goal weight by now, or at least be really close.  I’m not sure why I have this mental block that caves in.  At 9pm, why do I think a big bowl of Cap’n Crunch Crunch Berries is such a great idea?? 

On Thursday, I had a follow up post-op appointment, where I got the clear to start running again.  It’s been so hard to get back into.  I was finally in a great groove and was proud of how far I’ve come from when I started.  Thank goodness I already signed up for a 5k with my sister, or again, I could easily see myself bailing.  I’m now starting  to having to work my way back up to where I was.  I have to be able to run the 3.1 miles for this 5k.  Walking will not be an option.

Do you know what makes it really hard to be motivated when you’re in a nice, warm bed at 5:15am?  It’s still freaking dark out now!  Where did the summer go??  When the sun is not up, it’s usually a good indicator that I shouldn’t be up either.  Gah.  I need to get out there running, because before I know it the ice and snow won’t leave that as much of an option.  I did get out Saturday, Sunday and this morning, so I guess that is a plus.  I was dragging though.  Big time.

I had to laugh when I saw this one, though:
 
Please tell me I’m not the only one that does this??  Because I totally do. 
___________________________________________________________
Week 9 Summary

Weight Loss this Week: I gained 0.6 lbs

Weight Loss to Date: 6.0 pounds

Weight Left to Lose: 9 pounds

First Goal: 5 pounds (Met 7/25/11)
  • Reward – Pedicure {I finally got it and it was heavenly!}
Second Goal:  10 pounds
  • Reward - A new pair of shoes
Final Goal: 15 pounds
  • Reward – A pair of good jeans!  Sevens?  Citizens?  We’ll have to see.
Success:  I got the clear to start running again.  Now I just need to want to.  That’ll come back…I hope. 

Set Back:  I’ve checked out and it’s time to try to get back into this.  I really want some new shoes.

Exercise: Starting back up.  I am going to try to run 6 days a week until my 5k on Sept. 17th.  I told Eric last night that we need to try to get the girls in bed by 8pm and do P90X together a few times a week.  He’s quick to point out if I’m not doing it correctly and won’t let me stop early.  As much as it makes me want to punch him, I suppose it’s a good thing.


How about a symapthy vote for the chubby girl? ;)
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love