Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Getting Organized

I've started a new project.  I've seen on other blogs, as well as pinterest {which is my new obsession!} home management binders.  I feel like everything is scattered, so I decided to give it a shot.

Step 1:  Target.  I mean, for real.  Is there anything you can't find in this wonderland?  Let me say, I always get a strange feeling of happiness in the office supply aisle.  I'm not sure why pens and markers, post its and hole punchers, binders and files can be so thrilling.  Alas, I found a binder and dividers to start with. 



Step 2:  I found so many cute printables.  First was to organize my cleaning schedule.  To start, I found a monthly deep cleaning schedule. 

I also have a weekly organizer:

From here I'm going to attempt to plan out the meals for the week on Sunday nights.  Every single night I rush home from work, look in the fridge, the freezer the cabinets for something to make.  I usually repeat this process at least three times.  Hopefully this will help to (a) make better meals (b) plan meals around the sales of the grocery store and (c) save time thinking of what to make.

I also figured I could plan out one chore a night to stay ahead of the cleaning a little.  We shall see how this goes!

I haven't filled all the tabs yet.  I have one to keep invoices of bills that I pay that are important.  I also plan to keep a list of my contacts in here.  This is still very much a work in process, but anywhere I can organize my life is good for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love