Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sydney's 1 Year Stats

Um....wow.  Now that her one year checkup is out of the way, Sydney is officially, completely, no longer my baby.  She did amazing at the doctor.  As always, the nurses fell in love with her.  There was an old man in the waiting room that told me he was captivated by the stories she could tell with her eyes.  I know I'm not the only one that melts with all of her expressions.

She was nothing but smiles for everyone, until the shots came.  The poor little thing stopped crying about as soon as I was able to pick her up.  Just as the smiles returned, it was off to get her blood drawn.  She was not too happy with having to have her little finger squeezed over and over to get the blood.  After, she kept shaking her hand trying to get off the band aid.

Here are some of her milestones:
Weight: 17lb15oz (7%)
Length: 28.75'' (39%)
Head: 17.75" (51%)

Eating: She is now completely on table foods and loves them.  She will eat and eat and eat.  You think her weight would show for it.  Lucky girl, she takes after her daddy.  We thought we'd have to transition to whole milk.  I gave her a sippy cup with some by itself just to see, and she took right to it.  That was sure easy.  She is still getting her bedtime bottle.  I know I need to wean her, and I think she'd be just fine without it.  I just am sad to think that she's at that point already and will miss my little cuddle time.  Another big accomplishment of ours (well, mostly mine) is we made it to the one year mark with breastfeeding.  I never thought we'd go this long.  Although we had to start supplementing with formula around 11 months, I still consider it a success!

Sleeping:  She is finally letting me just lay her down to go to sleep.  She would do it for everyone else, but would know how to work me into rocking her.  Every book you read tells you to start early on by laying them down drowsy, but awake.  This way they can sooth themselves to sleep and not have to be rocked.  I ignored that with both girls, mostly for my own benefit.  I LOVED rocking with them every night.  While I probably would've been able to get more done around the house, I will never be able to get that time back.  They both weaned themselves and went to sleep better on their own around a year.  She's been going to bed around 7:30 and will get up around 7 or so.  However, she is SUCH a light sleeper so we usually need to be pretty careful early in the evening if we go in there, or she'll pop right up and be ready to play.  She's started to wean off of her morning nap.  If she takes one, we usually wake her after 30-45 minutes.  That way she'll nap in the afternoon with Kendall and usually sleeps about 2 hours.

Milestones:  She is now walking running everywhere!  She is so active and loves being able to move with the other kids.  She's not saying a lot yet - mama, dada, baba (I'm thinking it's bottle).  She's mastered climbing up the stairs and will attempt to go back down.

And now, for her beautiful picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love