Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Only One More Month Until Toddler-Ville

I suck.  I officially suck at blogging.  Why hasn't anybody warned me how busy you become with two little kids?  Or, maybe they did.  This pregnancy brain that then morphed into mommy brain after they were born has me forgetting a lot. :)

Gulp.  Sydney is 11 months.  11!!  That means, this is my last monthly post of a baby.  Next month (well, actually now it's a matter of weeks) my sweet, tiny little baby will be a toddler.  I am having such a hard time with this.  I don't remember it being so emotional with Kendall.  Then again, when Kendall was 11 months, I was already pregnant with Sydney.  :)

She has grown and changed so much this past month.  Well, maybe just changed, she's still a little runt!

Weight: 18lbs
Length: 29"

Sleeping:  We started a little bit of CIO (Cry It Out).  It was SOOO hard for me, and I never let her go more than 5 minutes or so.  She did great.  I still let her fall asleep occasionally in my arms at night, but at least she can now put herself back to sleep if she wakes up at night.   She has been staying up later lately.  This may be due to the change in schedules (not having to get up as early for daycare, since Poppy T and Grandma B have been nannying until daycare is back from maternity leave).  She'll go to bed around 8-8:30 and sleep until 7 (or 8 sometimes on the weekend!!).  She will typically take a 2 hour nap in the morning and a shorter one in the afternoon.  I think she's ready to move to one nap a day.

Eating:  Starting to LOVE table foods.  I still do baby food and oatmeal/rice cereal for breakfast and lunch, but have been trying to feed more solids.  She is such a good eater.  I will usually have to take some of Kendall's food for Sydney to eat.  This month also marked a milestone in her eating.  She tried formula for the first time.  I was just not keeping up so we started with formula in her cereal.  She now gets one bottle of formula also.  She didn't even flinch taking it, so I hope she'll wean to whole milk as easily.  She's getting better on the sippy cups, but I'm not sure how well she'll do when we take away the bottle.  (Another thing I am not ready for!)

Milestones:  She has mastered climbing up the stairs and tries to go back down them.  She is so so so close to walking.  (Disclaimer, as of today she is walking, but I'm pretending I'm not so awful at blogging late and it's her 11 month birthday.  Sue me!)  She's started a funny thing in her high chair.  If you wiggle your head (like a bobble head) she does it back to you and finds it so funny.  If music is playing she'll also do this and it looks like she's trying to dance.  She's saying mama and dada now in context.  There is nothing greater than walking in the door after work and hear her screaching at the top of the stairs yelling mama! :)  Another favorite thing of hers is to clap.  Especially when trying to walk, she'll stop and look at you and clap for herself.  Constant reinforcement is needed I guess!

Sizes:  In size three diapers and 6-9 month or 6-12 month clothes.  She is growing out of her 6-9 month, but I need to swap out the closet.  Shoes are a size 2 still also.

This kid is always on the move and will not sit down.  Baths are interesting because she's usually standing up the whole time.  I have become amazing at changing diapers and clothes while she is standing/walking/crawling.  And now for her monthly pictures...:)

I just love this picture.  She looks like I just told her she's getting a puppy!

She insisted on standing up in the chair for pictures.

Making her scrunched face, goofy smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love