Friday, January 14, 2011

Your Three Words


That's right.  My little baby is seven months old.  She actually turned 7 months last Friday, but my scale crapped out on me and I wanted to get her weight. 

Sydney's stats:
Weight: 16 lbs (33%)
Length: 27'' (51%)
Head: 17"

Sleep:  We are finally breaking the swaddling habit.  She now has both arms out and is just swaddled on the bottom.  She has become a belly sleeper, which isn't a big surprise considering that the girl will not stay on her back.  Like not for a second.  {makes diaper changes fun!}  I've been bad at nursing/rocking to sleep, but we are trying to also break that habit.  She's doing great at daycare on going down for naps on her own.  She's taking one nap in the morning and another long nap after lunch.  She goes to bed between 7:30-8 {sometimes a little later} at night and has been getting up around 6ish.  I want to try to get that morning wake-up call a little later.  Especially on the weekends!

Eat:  We started solids at 6 months.  She now gets oatmeal and fruit in the morning and rice cereal and veggies for dinner.  I started making my own baby food and was pleasently surprised as to how easy it was.  If you knew me, you'd be shocked.  Trust me! :)  We just started adding a veggie for lunch at daycare, but Sydney hasn't really been having it much.  If she is not wanting her solids, she will clench her mouth and not budge.  Bottles have been sporadic.  She'll take anywhere from an ounce to 6 oz.  She is still exclusively breastfed which I am so excited about.  I did not make it this far with Kendall, and really didn't expect to make it this long with Sydney.  Going the full first year now doesn't seem like such an impossible task.  I think I'll actually be a little sad when the day comes to stop.  I love having to stop what we are doing and just sit and cuddle for 20 minutes.

Activity:  Sydney is this.close to crawling.  She'll get up on all fours and rock back and forth.  She's started crawling backwards a little and has an army crawl/scoot going on.  She is so fast at rolling and scooting around.  She tends to push back a lot and has gotten her legs and butt stuck under the couch more than once.  She is loving playing with toys more and more and has now become a pro at sitting on her own.  She gets a kick out of watching her big sister and they have really started to enjoy playing with each other.  And by play with each other I mean Kendall bringing her a toy, Sydney playing with said toy until 30 seconds later Kendall decides that is enough and rips it out of her hands to give her a new one.  Luckily Sydney has a short attention span.

Mood:  She is still such a smiley baby.  I honestly don't think I've seen a baby that smiles more than she does.  All you have to do is talk to her and 9 times out of 10 she'll give you a big, gummy smile {if she's like her big sis, she'll keep that gummy smile until after a year old before the pearly whites make an appearance}.  She isn't super patient and when she wants some attention or to be picked up she'll let you know.  For the most part though, she's been a great baby for us.

I cannot believe it'll be time to start planning her first birthday before I know it.  Although, as I watch Miss Kendall grow up, I see that it continues to get better in it's own way.  And now here is a little cuteness for you to soak up:

And a look back at the previous "birthday" shots:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love