Friday, December 10, 2010

Your Three Words

Scariest Night EVER!!!

Last night Kendall was playing in her closet while we were putting away laundry.  She has a dresser in there straight across from the door.  Her closet door opens into her closet.

Anyway, as I was bringing another laundry basket up the stairs I heard a big thud and Kendall crying.  I went into her room and the closet door was closed.  I tried to open it, but it wouldn't budge.  I kept pushing it thinking she was just in the way but no luck.  I yelled for Eric to come up and he couldn't get it open either.  We could open it about 1/2 and inch when I saw a birthday crown from her bday party on the floor.  That was on top of her dresser, so I knew then that the dresser had fallen over, on Kendall and was the reason we couldn't open the door.

Kendall is crying and screaming and we were freaking out that we couldn't get in there, not knowing how badly she was hurt.  Eric had to pound the door in with a hammer (which scared Kendall even more) and jump in, over the dresser to pull it off of her.  Thank God, it had just fallen on her legs and miraculously she came out without a bruise on her.  We were all pretty scared after that!

The kid never climbs up things so I don't know what she was doing.  Needless to say, Eric screwed the dresser to the wall after that and Kendall walked around with her birthday crown on the rest of the night.  She must have really wanted that thing...

The above picture is what her door looked like after the fact.  The poor thing told me she was scared.  So was I baby girl!  It's been a tough couple of days for this little girl

1 comment:

  1. Poor Hunnie (and mommy and daddy! Glad she's okay! Hopefully over the stomach bug too?

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love