Sunday, December 5, 2010

Wow....it's been a minute

Holy crap!  It's been almost 2 weeks since I've made a post.  WTH have I been up to?  Well, a lot actually so maybe that's my excuse.  Hmmm...where to start. 

Cliffnotes of the last two weeks: 
  • Sydney's first Thanksgiving!  We only ended up doing my side of the family get togethers.  It was actually nice for once not to have to eat and run to get to the next place.  Now we could eat...and sit...and eat...and sit...and eat....well, you get the idea. 
  • I had my first Black Friday shopping, and let me tell you I am HOOKED.  I got so many things for so little, a little, not too much money.  I went a little nuts on the clothes and shoe shopping, but when everything is 50% off, how can you not?  Next year I need to come up with a better plan.  My last store was on the complete opposite side of the mall from where I parked.  I woke up the next morning with a sore arm from carrying my bags.  So sad...
  • Last Saturday we had a wedding reception.  My parents watched the girls and this was the first time Eric and I were both away from them.  We've each had to be gone for a night before, but not together.  It was so fun to have a night out.  The next morning however...not so fun.  Thank goodness for breastmilk test strips! 
  • This past week, Eric has had to work nights.  He'd be gone by the time we got home, and would get home after we went to bed.  Let me tell you, I have a whole new respect for single mothers.  I was pooped by the end of the week!!  I kept planning on writing a post after the girls went to bed, but obviously that didn't happen. :)
  • Sydney Rose had her first taste of solids this week.  I was going to wait until 6 months, but I started just a smidge early.  We have her six month appt this week so I wanted to try it out before we went in case we have any questions for the pedi.  She is doing so well with her rice cereal.  One night she grabbed my hand and pulled the spoon to her mouth. Seriously, how cute is this girl??  Soon it'll be time to add some fruits and veggies.  I'm still in a little denial that it's this time already.  :(


  • Yesterday was picture day.  We had Miss Sydney's six month pictures taken (I have to wait until next Friday to get them back, but the proofs were too cute!).  We had Kendall with and hoped to get a picture of the two of them.  Yep...not a chance.  Kendall wouldn't even get near.  After that defeat it was time to see Santa.
  •   Today has been focused on potty training.  Kendall was very excited to wear her Dora underwear today.  This morning was great.  She went on the potty chair three times in a row, which was a record for her.  After nap was not quite so good, but still progress. 
Hopefully the next couple of weeks will bring a little more time and I get my butt in gear.  See you again in two weeks. :-p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love