Monday, November 22, 2010

'Tis the Season

To say I love Christmas is a huge understatement.  There's just something about this time of year that makes me all warm and gooey inside.  I love everything about it.  I love the music.  I love the cheesy movies on TV.  I love the decorations, the shopping, the way people seem to be better.  To want to do better.  I love this time of year so much in fact, I had to get married (3 years coming up!) in December so we could have Christmas music during our mass. 

Now, I know you're *supposed* to wait until the day after Thanksgiving to put up the tree.  And I tried.  Really, I did.  I just could wait any longer.  I broke out the Christmas playlist on my iTunes at work last week.  I thought that would maybe scratch the itch a little.  Nope, it just made it worse.  This weekend was full Christmas decorating, and I love it.  I have the timers on all the lights to be on when I get home from work, and to turn back on from 6-8am.  The only thing that makes crawling out of a nice warm bed to get ready for work is a beautiful lit tree {or two}. 

Two years ago I had the best idea ever.  The day after Christmas I went a bought a pre-lit tree.  Oh em gee, was that the best thing I could've done.  I think stringing lights on the tree is the ONE thing I hate about Christmas!

Here are a few pics of the house.
This is the one thing I hate about decorating.  The mess to start with pulling everything out of storage.

The finished product.  Ahhh...I love Christmas trees. :)

My houses downstairs.

My little Charlie Brown tree for the kitchen.  This tree holds all of our "family" ornaments.  We have a "baby's first Christmas" 1980, 1982 and 2008 on here.  Now to get 2010!

Houses upstairs

My angel collection from my momma

Some leftover wedding decorations.  That's the good thing about a December wedding.  You can reuse these things!

Kendall's first glimps of the tree.  I should've counted how many times she said 'pretty!'.  although, I'm already finding ornaments throughout the house that she feels the need to take with her.

Sydney's first view of the tree.  She loved the lights!

my girls!  Now we just need some presents under there

1 comment:

  1. you got cute new boots on black friday?? argh! i'm so jealous.

    your tree is gorgeous. i can't wait to get ours up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love