Friday, September 10, 2010

Your Three Words

I can't believe I'm back to work.  Well, apparently I'm not working too hard as I'm writing this right now at my desk.  :)  Tuesday was my first day back.  I felt like a kid going back to school - picking out a new outfit to wear, packing my bag (in this case a breast pump replaced a fancy new backpack) and getting to see my friends again.

I did pretty well dropping Sydney off, but once I started backing out of the driveway I was already tearing up.  My car was on E, so I had to pull myself together so I could go and get gas, which was probably a good thing.  I was proud of myself - I only checked in once {it took a lot of will not to keep calling}.

For some reason, yesterday was the hardest day.  I kept looking at her pictures (I miss both girls of course, but I have sort of gotten used to leaving Kendall).  Everytime I would check the time I'd think about what we would be doing...eating, napping, laying down while patting her little butt to get her to go to sleep.  I'd think about her sweet little fingers holding on to mine while she'd eat, about the way she puckers up her lips like a little duck when she's waking up, all the little coos I've grown to look forward to in the mornings...now I'm missing her again!

I went home at 3 yesterday.  I just couldn't take it anymore!  I'm lucky that I am in the office this week to break myself in a little.  Next week I start going out to clients again, so I better pull myself together!

For some Friday fun, join the blog hops!
                                    Y3W at Jenni from the Blog                    New Friend Fridays

4 comments:

  1. Oh honey, I know the feeling. I had such a hard time going back to work with my first son. With my second it was a bit easier. Maybe because I had been at home for 10 months, unemployed :)

    But some days are harder than others. Sometimes you just want to be home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eek! Congrads on surviving the first few days back! I'm soo not looking forward to it, I already leave for a few hours a few days to attend to classes and that's hard enough!

    Had to laugh at the breast pump vs new backpack...that too will be me :)

    (Love the the 3month old pic btw!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, we are your newest followers! We hope you will come visit us at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com, Have a great day =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so hard going back to work but it DOES get easier mama! Hang in there hun =)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love